Most of us have been “blindsided” at various times throughout life. Blindsided means being hit or confronted by something that comes from out of our line of vision or our normal expectations and we are taken by surprise. We usually associate being blindsided with some negative experience such as being betrayed by a friend or someone close to us , or losing our job, or a family member unexpectedly dying or receiving some unexpected negative report. When we’re ‘blindsided” by these type of situations, as Christians we often struggle to understand why. We tend to blame God. We think, how could God “blindside” us with something like this?
While we may experience terrible and painful storms in life God is never behind the disaster, calamity, or tragedy. Instead God will take our storms and turn them for good. Romans 8:28 puts it this way, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” In other words what is intended for harm, evil and bad, God will get in the middle of it and help turn it around for good. While God doesn’t blindside us with bad stuff we still can be BLINDSIDED BY GOD! How?
Here are 7 ways God has blindsided me and He can blindside you too;
- Blindsided by His goodness. “Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;” (Psalms 107:1) There have been times in my life in the most unexpected ways God has blindsided me with His goodness. God is good all the time. Expect to see God’s goodness. (Psalms 27:13)
- Blindsided by His love, His love is never ending His mercy, His favor, His provision, His God’s love never fails (Psalms 107) I am continually blindsided and amazed at the love of God. Even when I am unlovable He loves me. Nothing can separate us from His love. (Romans 8:37) Get ready to be blindsided by His love!
- Blindsided by His favor. “Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.” (Psalm 5:12 NIV) I have seen difficult situations supernaturally turn around because of being blindsided by His favor. Find favor with God and man! (Proverbs 3:4)
- Blindsided by His mercy. “His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.” (Lamentations 3:22-23) In those moments when I’ve failed and I’ve been flooded with guilt and shame God has blindsided me with His mercy and forgiveness. The Lord is merciful. (Psalms 145:8) Open you heart to receive His mercy.
- Blindsided by His grace. “But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6 ESV) When I’ve been challenged, frustrated, perplexed, and about to give up God has blindsided me with His grace – His supernatural ability, underservidily to help me through to victory,
- Blindsided by His strength. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. (Isaiah 40:29) In my weakest moments God has seemly shown up out of no where to blindside be with His strength. Be strong in the Lord! (Ephesians 6:10).
- Blindsided by His provision. “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus”. (Philippians 4:19) There have been many times I’ve had a need and supernaturally God has provided. Blindsided again! He is Jehovah Jireh the one who sees ahead and makes provision. Get ready to be blindsided by His provision!
You may get blind sided by some unexpected negative situation in life, but get ready to be BLINDSIDED BY GOD – with his love-mercy-grace-strength-favor-provision, etc.